1. Have you ever seen one of those nature documentaries where the bear cub harasses its mother -- jumping on her, biting her neck, swatting at her body? And at some point, the mama bear just WHACK! throws up a paw and snarls and growls and makes the little one cut it the fuck out?
Yeah. Today I understood why I share much of my genetic make-up with that mama bear.
3. We've decided to set up the crib in Claire's room (now dubbed "the kids' room), and I've cleared out space in the dresser for some more blankets and such for the little one. I think we'll add another bar across the closet, and he'll be good to go. I thought I had been very careful to save all the pieces to the crib, but Ron and I found out Saturday that we are in possession of a very large wooden puzzle. Putting that thing back together took some cooperation -- me as the brains, him as the brawn. We seem to be missing two of the pieces required to make the front side slide up and down. Anyone have any ideas where I put them?
4. I have been obsessing just a tiny little bit about how to decorate a room shared by a 3-year-old girl and a baby boy. The problem is that her reasonably new bedding set is pink and purple with butterflies. I spent too long (waaaay too long) searching for new sets online, and finally threw up my hands and decided to get a plain green and yellow set to blend. Thinking that I could decorate it with fabric appliques or stamps, the MOST BRILLIANT solution dawned on me this afternoon: caterpillars. Get it? Caterpillars and butterflies. He's younger, less mature, and (if current rolls and kicks are any indication) a wiggle worm. I am a genius. Someone notify Martha.
5. We are spending the weekend in Fresno. Ron has started interviewing for his first real job. Anybody, by chance, in or around Fresno? Anyone know anything about it that I can't get from Google?
6. Should I spend tomorrow's precious three hours of preschool time sewing, or should I go to Nia?